Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Our family is growing by two feet

Well, our story is our story, that is for sure!  I'm gonna have to start at the beginning for you to understand why I'm blogging about our growing family...  Matt & I met at Camp Chula Vista in 1991.  I had a crush on Matt, but he was a little too cool for school back then.  8 years later, we were reintroduced by a mutal friend (thanks Matthew Grace)! From there, our love began to bloom.

Matthew Teel & Tiffanie Pollard in 2002We have been blessed to travel and spend a lot of time on the road with friends and family, exploring the Rocky Mountains and many white, sandy beaches. For many years, we assumed our life would consist of working hard so we could play hard.  Yet, one day Matt started asking me about babies.... then, two of my sisters conceived.  I knew then that I wanted a family, and we started trying ourselves.

The last four years were spent trying to conceive and plan for our future family.  It consisted of trying to sell our business, sell our house and move across the country.  We couldn't understand why these plans never fell in place, until we discovered we were finally pregnant.  Light Bulb!  God has a plan for us and we are not in control.  We can dream, plan, and work hard, but until God's plan intersects with ours we may not see certain things come to light.

Now, we are expecting our first son. We are so thrilled, and we think about him every day.  Planning for him is the most fun I have had in my life!  We have dreamed about our first child for years, and now we are so thankful to be living a dream come true.

We are very grateful for the support of our family and friends around us who have supported us through the years and we appreciate and love each one of you!  Thank you for stopping by our baby website to read our story and participate in our journey

My first trimester was typical with nausea and morning sickness, but like clockwork, it all improved at week 12.  Now, in my second trimester, I am loving pregnancy and tracking Rhett's growth.

Here are photos from our journey of pregnancy!  Enjoy and check back because I might just decide to write again!

 BabyFruit Ticker






In the comments below, tell me how you told your friends and family that you'd be parents soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment