Friday, March 18, 2016

Yummy Treats with a Twist

I have this real simple Lemon Icebox Pie recipe that I've used for years and years. I think I got it from my cousin, years ago, and a lot of you probably make it too because it's always been a big hit!
  • 1 graham cracker crust
  • 1 can of evaporated milk
  • 1 tub of cool whip
  • 1 packet of lemonade
Recognize that? I thought some of you would.  Well since I began using essential oils and fell in love with the Young Living Vitality line (adding lemon, lime, grapefruit or even Citrus Fresh to my water every day), I decided why not try to replace that packet of lemonade with fresh lemon juice & essential oils.  So, I did.

Rather than the packet of lemonade, I used:
•  7 drops of lemon essential oil
•  2 drops of lime essential oil
•  2 tbsp of lemon juice

My pie filling has NEVER fluffed up so much, nor has it ever been tastier!! You have to try it!

The reason I sat down to share this with you today is because I'm in the middle of preparing for a few guests.  As you see, I am always multi-tasking, jumping from one thing to the next... especially when time restrictions are in place. Tonight, I'm serving lite, refreshing appetizers, since my guests will not come until after dinner. To go along with the oh so delicious lemon icebox pie, I made a FRUIT DIP (courtesy of Amy's Finer Things). It also uses essential oils and is out of this world.  It tastes exactly like the original creamsicle. YUMMY!!!  I cannot wait to eat this on a tub full of strawberries, and YES! I will eat an entire tub of strawberries myself.

Once we put out the finished products, I'll come back and update this with everyone's response and photos of our finished products!

For more information about the essential oils that I use and trust, click here.

Love,
Your Oily FREE.K

No comments:

Post a Comment