Monday, November 12, 2018

A Year of Change

I entered one of the biggest transitions of my life, recently. And with it came heartache and tears, joy and happiness, laughter and friendship, and so many more adjectives. Honestly, I don't know how I am already reflecting on the past four amazing years that I was given! But the days of parenting at home with my boy all day, day after day have passed. Now, we're a few months into our new normal.

It's funny. I had all these plans for how I would spend my mornings while he is in PreK, but it seems those dreams need to wait a little longer. God threw a few blessings my way which are blossoming into these beautiful projects that make me feel accomplished and even a little giddy. I didn't realize a little techy project could fulfill my inner soul so.

If you know me well, you know that before parenthood, I designed a few websites here and there, managed a few small businesses social media, and dabbled in a few other marketing strategies, but did you know I've been doing it again?

Mother Hustler | Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) turned Work At Home Mom (WAHM) | Tiffanie Teel Web Design Newnan

Yeah, so get this. A sweet client from my past called and wanted to run a few web solutions by me. He said that he'd been approached by several companies trying to convince him he needed to update his website, but,note, they all said the same thing. While your site doesn't have a current design, it's doing its job, well. The funny thing about this one is that we new when we put that site to work over 5 years ago, it wasn't a savvy design then, but to keep cost down, we worked within the parameters that we were given. In other words, he had a small business that needed a solution to fit his budget. I made that happen then, and he called me back.

I seriously told myself that I didn't want to do this kind of work again. But as we sat discussing what these companies were selling, I couldn't stop myself from getting back in the game. So it seems, I should stop saying, "no, God!" Because He's gonna keep saying, "yes, Tiffanie!"

Back to when I mentioned "reflection". Wow! God, once again, knew what we needed. A little extra income, new friends, a community of people who need the solutions I can provide and even a confidence boost for a mom who has self-doubted herself since the moment her smarter-than-she-is boy began to walk and talk. (Read between the lines. Parenting an infant was sweet and beautiful, but as soon as infant became toddler... life got messy and harder than ever.)

"It's all messy, the hair, the bed, the words, the heart, life."

I'm so proud to say that we are settling into our new season. The new Newnan Routine feels pretty good, and I sure adore witnessing my boy come home talking about all the things he's learned with all the friends he has made. The website that started all this was published, and I can proudly say that it's shuffling all the daily traffic and it meets today's design standards too.

If you want to hear more about my next few projects coming down the pipe very soon, stay tuned. As it turns out, affordable small business solutions are scarce. I, however, can help! Newnan Small Business Solutions are just a phone call away from me.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd like a list of all the website's you designed so i can look at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I wonder if I could remember them all!!

      Here's the 2018 list:
      www.warehousecarpetsluthersville.com
      www.kayladuffeyphotography.com
      and next coming is a redesign for elm-atl.com

      Delete